Are you living your best life or are you simply existing?
Living my best life as I celebrate another year of life...in South Africa
Birthdays have a way of causing one to self-reflect, re-evaluate, and sometimes recalibrate our lives – hopefully, for the better. All too often, this period of reflection reveals deficits and inadequacies that make us realize we are not operating at our full potential, nor having accomplished all that we would have liked, or expected, as we have reached this new milestone in our lives. We can find ourselves feeling that we should be “further along”, more successful, or simply happier in general.
Perhaps the bigger question is, “What has prevented us from reaching those goals?” Let’s break that down and figure it out.
1. Before we can figure out what we need to add, we need to inventory that which is already in our possession and ability. What are your strengths, assets, liabilities, skillset, interests, dreams, and goals?
2. Next, we might want to consider our mindset – Are you generally positive, open-minded, fluid, and forward-thinking - or are you quite the opposite – negative, closed-minded, stuck in a proverbial box, or worse, living in the past?
3. Here is the big question: Do you know what you want out of life and do you have a plan to make it happen? (Okay, that was really two questions)
4. Are you willing to step out on faith, and do whatever it takes, to make your dreams come true? Remember: Faith without works is dead! You’ve got to be willing to do the work!
5. Time is of the essence, and you are not getting any younger; so, let us get started making those dreams come true! Put pencil to paper (or pull out your laptop) and start with a simple list of the things you most want to do or accomplish in this lifetime. Where do you want to go? What are your career goals? What are your family or relationship goals? What are your financial goals? What are your spiritual goals? How do you, ultimately, want to live your life?
Some of us will have a hard time answering some of these questions, while for others, it will be easy. If you are finding that you have never really considered any of these life questions or just never really believed you could accomplish or experience any more than you have to this point in your life, please reconsider!
The world is your playground, and this is your life to live, so live it!
Please don’t be willing to settle for mere existence; instead, be intentional about choosing to live your best life – starting today! Take the first step in living life to the fullest by making a decision.
Actively DECIDE to take the necessary actions to make your dreams come true, experience life to the fullest, and you will find the laws of attraction will kick into high gear to help you make it happen (that is another conversation in itself)!
In prior writings, I have cautioned you to maintain a positive mindset, despite the challenges that will come your way (because they will come). I have reminded you to memorialize your plans, by writing them down and not simply keeping them in your head, and I have provided you step-by-step instructions to get started in my blog entitled Are You Ready for a New Beginning. Please refer to it for assistance!
Remember: As adults, we choose our path, despite the circumstances associated with our past or upbringing. We choose to move beyond our internal and external challenges, or not. We choose to make our dreams come true, or not. We choose to be happy, or not.
It’s all up to us…
“Equipped with that information, what are you going to do?” – Detra Evans
“To enjoy the good life we have to get ahead; to enjoy a good life we have to make the trip worthwhile.” – Steve Goodier
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive.” – Maya Angelou
You’ve got this! Go for it; and if you have not already done so, please subscribe below to stay inspired and learn more about how to keep it moving in 2021!